Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
Veterans Healing Farm has partnered with the Heart of Horse Sense since 2015 to offer multiple equine therapy workshops for veterans free of charge. This holistic approach provides veterans an opportunity to rebuild their ability to connect with themselves and others, learn self-acceptance and exhibit more empathy with family and friends.
What is Equine Assisted Psychotherapy:
- A unique therapeutic approach using horses as catalysts for emotional growth and learning
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy has shown to be effective in treating patients, including combat veterans, with PTSD, depression, anxiety, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, conduct disorders and other chronic mental illnesses.
What are the benefits of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy:
- A somatic, tactile understanding, beyond intellectual awareness
- An opportunity to identify patterns and re-examine their usefulness
- A non-threatening environment to try out new behaviors and receive instant feedback
What can Veterans expect to gain from this event:
- Comradery and fellowship of other veterans
- An introduction into Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- An opportunity to experience in nature and the beauty at Veterans Healing Farm
Please signup for our newsletter to stay up to date on all future workshops.